NaNoWriMo officially begins on November 1 at 12:00 AM in your time zone. Have you done everything you need to do to be ready?
"Ready" means the following things in NaNoLand. (Please shout "Check!" after each one. Unless you're in a library, in which case you should just whisper it.)
- Set your word-count goal.
- Set your time zone.
- Add your novel info (if you have it).
- Have a way to back up your novel.
- Have plenty of noveling fuel.
- Have understanding friends and family.
If all these things are in line, you're good to go! Use the momentum of Day 1 (whether you start at midnight or 4:00 in the afternoon) to rack up some brilliant plot points.
Remember: November 1 is the day to start—no matter what species of Wrimo you are.