During January and February 2013, we'll support your revision and publishing process with pep talks, advice articles, webinars, and live chats. Check out the landing page for full information.
Because the YWP will be sharing "Now What?" with the NaNoWriMo adult program, we'll use the landing page linked above as our main resource area. Rest assured that all content will be age-appropriate, and you won't need to sign up for a separate account to visit the site.
Plus, here are a few general ideas for what to do with your manuscript and NaNo energy in the months ahead!
You've done the hard work of writing your novel, and now it's time to make it even better. A few suggestions to get started:
Set your novel aside for at least 30 days. You'll want to return to it with fresh eyes.
Use the "Workshop," "Inner Editor," and "Cleaning It Up" activities in our noveling workbooks.
Ask for feedback on your manuscript from a family member, teacher, or friend.
Trade novels with other participants via the Story Swap Shop forum.
Stick with it! Most writers go through many rounds of revisions before publishing their books. Keep striving to make your novel the best it can be.
Ready to let your masterpiece loose in the wild? You've got some options.Publishing an Excerpt
Use the "Excerpt" and "Submission Letter" activities in our noveling workbooks.
Research magazines and journals that regularly publish youth writing.
Send in your work!
- Figment is a community where you can share your writing, connect with other readers, and discover new stories and authors. Whatever you're into, from sonnets to mysteries, from sci-fi stories to cell phone novels, you can find it all there.
Publishing in Book Form
CreateSpace offers NaNoWriMo winners five free paperback copies of their finished books.
You can find a promo code for the offer on your winner's page after December 10.
A parent or guardian must create an account and help you design, upload, and set up your novel. This guide from CreateSpace describes all necessary steps.
The promo code can be used only after the novel has been approved. It should be applied during the checkout process for the five additional copies.
- The offer is valid until June 30, 2013.
Free shipping is not included in the offer.
- For specific questions, please see CreateSpace's help section or contact form.
- Find more writing events, contests, and local programs on our Helpful Links page.
- Choose another adventure. Writing a novel in a month shows that you can do anything you set your mind to. What's the next big, fun, scary thing you'd like to do?